While we look forward to seeing you every Sunday, we understand there are times when you just can't make it to a service. Now, you can still benefit from the insights and teachings of Pastor Ken Evitts.
CENTERED in Christ ~ COMMITTED to Community ~
SENT into the World
PROTOCOLS FOR RE-ENTRY FOR INDOOR WORSHIP
1. Sunday, October 18th we return for worship indoors at St. John’s Center UCC. Worship will begin at 10:15 am. Live-streaming of the worship service via YouTube will continue.
2. We will maintain an attendance log. This will be important if there are any positive test results for COVID-19. We will be able to better track who may have been exposed to the virus while on-site.
3. Consistory Members will serve as Greeters and escort you to the pews. As you prepare to enter the building, you will be greeted by a consistory member. You will then be ushered to the sanctuary to be seated. Every other pew will be roped off. Only family members will be permitted to sit together. We will expand the list of greeters to include other members of the congregation as we move forward.
4. Hand sanitizer is available inside the main doors and must be used upon entering.
5. Consistory Members will discharge you from your seats at the close of the worship service ~ like at a wedding!
6. Please limit visiting with congregation members to the parking lot. We ask that you do your visiting outdoors in the parking lot and not indoors – following the appropriate social distancing guidelines and wearing masks.
7. Coats, jackets and any outer garments must be taken with you into the sanctuary.
8. Masks will be required to be worn throughout the worship service. We ask that you put your masks on in the parking lot and continue to wear them until you return to your vehicle.
9. Hymnals, pew Bibles, pens and paper have been removed from the pew racks. We encourage you to BYOB – “Bring Your Own Bible”.
10. There will be no singing. Songs will be played by the organ, piano or Praise Team and the song lyrics will be on the video screens. Use this time as a time of meditation or hum along.
11. Bulletins will not be made available. The worship order will be on the video screen.
12. Weekly announcement and the Prayer Page will continue to be emailed/mailed to you every Wednesday.
13. Water fountains will not be available. Please bring personal water bottles.
14. Please limit bathroom use to two people and practice social distancing guidelines.
15. The floor and pews will have markings to help us maintain appropriate social distance.
16. Pastor Ken will preach from the center of the platform near the altar area to maintain social distance. No one will be seated in the first few rows of pews. When speaking, Pastor Ken will not be required to wear a mask. When in common areas, he will maintain social distance and wear a mask.
17. There will be weekly sanitizing of the worship area, lobby, and restrooms.
18. Plans for Sunday school and small group gatherings are in process. We will evaluate and move forward in the coming weeks.
We have many activities to promote fellowship and spiritual connection. We would love for you to join us!
Teach a youth about the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Our youth program is open to youths ages 12 - 18.
St. John's Center is comprised of many Ministry Teams, working together towards the fulfillment of our Vision Statement. We encourage you to join one of our many ministry opportunities!
St. John's Center UCC is gathering on-site and
in the building for worship service.
We will continue to live-stream the service on YouTube.
Worship begins at 10:15 AM.
The service will continue to be available in the parking lot via FM transmitter - 97.7 FM - for those uncomfortable with being in the worship center.
There are protocols established for those attending in person (see below).
Please follow the posted guidelines as you enter the building and follow
the direction provided by the leadership team.
United Church of Christ
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved
- Stay connected with St. John's Center -
Follow us on Facebook, YouTube and check out Pastor Ken's blog!
"No matter who you are, or where you are in
life's journey, you are welcome here!"